What Are Pods
What is an Instagram Pod
IG Pods : What they are and why you may want to …
Its a bit of a taboo. If you are in them, you probably won’t tell your friends about it.
So – what is an Instagram pod? Well, in simple terms it’s a group of Instagrammers who get together to give and take engagement from each other. Imagine you and a couple of friends making a group on WhatsApp or Telegram and you all share your Instagram links within that chat group and everyone who is in this group has to like and comment on all the links shared.
It’s really that simple. Well, maybe not. Remember when Instagram rolled out advertisements on its platform back in 2016? Its precisely at that time Instagram made some drastic changes to its feed, algorithm, and ranking methods that essentially killed engagement for its users. Why did they do this? Well, to push people to pay for ads! Duh!
It’s pretty much at this exact time that pods came into the picture. People who were used to getting a ton of likes and comments on a daily basis suddenly saw a massive dip in their engagement rate and had no idea what is happening. It was out of desperation that the suffering community of Instagram joined forces with each other and formed Instagram pods.
Let’s dive a bit deeper into this.
- The Where– Okay, so I know that pods are groups of people. Where exactly do I find them? Well, you’ll find pods over at famous chat apps like Telegram and WhatsApp, and more often than not, on Instagram itself within DM groups.
- The Who – And then, who exactly are pods for? Well, it’s for Instagram influencers and bloggers. People who are active on Instagram and care much too much for having a healthy engagement ratio. It can be anyone from a beauty blogger to a fitness fanatic – there is something for everyone within these pods!
- The What – What happens in the pod, stays in the pod. Imagine this – you find a way to get super genuine high-quality comments on your posts. All your friends are wondering how to are able to do that – everyone around you considers you as a famous person and what not – well, will you give this secret away? I don’t think so. Pods are a great way to exchange likes, comments, views, shoutouts and so much more! It’s more like a club than a community. A reserved club for members only.
Note: While you can find pods almost anywhere – you probably need a way to get invited into them. Most pods like ours at Wolf Global are invite-only communities. You are welcome to join one or more of our 60+ pods over at Telegram at no fee at all. We boast over 1,000,000 members!
P ods are communities of people that are all working to achieve the same goal – to be famous and get noticed on Instagram. Pods work on the basis of give and take – the more you put in, the more you get back out of it.
Pods can be of various types. A pod may or may not have a specific niche. For example, a pod that is only for travelers, or perhaps a pod only for fitness influencers, and so on. Pods can also be based on engagement type – that is – for comments or likes or both. Pods can also have minimum follower requirements, meaning a pod for only Instagrammers that have a minimum of 100,000 followers.
Here is an example of a niche pod by Wolf Global – Fashion & Beauty Comments. As you can imagine, this is a niche-specific pod only for fashion and beauty Instagram influencers and bloggers and it is only for exchanging comments.
Group cycles imply the number of links you need to engage with. For example, a group running on a cycle of 5 would mean that you’d engage with 5 latest links and drop your link. The next 5 people who participate in the group will then engage with your link. Similarly a group running on a cycle of 10 would mean you’d engage with 10 links and drop yours, and the next 10 people will engage with your link.
It may be a bit too much to take. Probably not what you thought you’d end up reading when you asked yourself ‘what is an Instagram pod’ earlier today but not to worry – it’s really not that complicated.
Rules are pretty simple and can be found within each group at the top. You can find more on the rules on our FAQ page and watch a short series of video tutorials and explainers to get a better feel of everything.
The basic understanding that you must have is that – pods are simply groups where you come in to exchange engagement. They are not places to do self-promotion or to have a chat. It’s a fast-paced environment where everyone comes in to get what they want and give back the same in return.
So, what is an Instagram pod? You tell me! 😉
We have something for everyone! From Viral Pods to Travel Pods to you-name-it. We have it all.
You’ll need to have the Telegram app to be able to access our groups which you can get here. For more info on Wolf Global, you can always visit our FAQ page.
- Wolf Global – Entry Channel
- Wolf Global – News Channel
PS – Channels are just like news groups where we announce updates, rules, and groups.
If you are looking to join certain pods that you can’t find an invite link for then you should subscribe to our newsletter via which we send out open invites every month.
And that’s about it. Hopefully, by now you have the answer to your ‘What is an Instagram Pod’ quest. Happy engagement!